Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sally Hansen: Crackle Overcoat in Denim over Nina Ultra Pro Lacquer


Indoor Lighting:Top two fingers, thin layer of crackle, bottom two fingers thick layer

Flash:Top two fingers, thin layer of crackle, bottom two fingers thick layer

I was looking forward to trying the drugstore version of the crackle trend. Unfortunately, the brush of this polish is very thin. I may have bought one with a defective brush because it was skewed at an angle that made application hard for me. The consistency of this crackle was more watery than the OPI shatter. The color is most similar to the OPI Navy shatter, just a slightly lighter shade. I like the navy creamy texture with the shimmery orange underneath. I am sorry I don't know the name of the orange polish because the sticker is gone, but it is a mid-tone shimmery orange. The color of the crackle polish is much darker than the bright blue it appears in the bottle. It doesn't crackle as evenly and the pattern doesn't appear as pleasing to me as the OPI version. If you can't get the OPI Shatters, this would make a suitable substitute, though I prefer the formula and application of the OPI and China Glaze versions. Sally Hansen Crackle overcoat is available at CVS and Walgreens and retails for $6.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment