Thursday, June 23, 2011

China Glaze Cracked Metals: Cracked Medallion

Dim Lighting

Indoor Lighting
China Glaze Cracked Medallion is a soft copper, shimmery crackle polish. I used it over Zoya Breezi, which is a subdued cream teal blue. This is the sleeper of the collection. On the cracked metals display at Sally, this was the only color with several still available. I wanted to try copper over blue because I am patiently waiting for the Rescue Beauty Lounge fan collection. One color being made is a royal blue creme with copper shimmer that I can’t wait to see. You can read more about it here. I think this is a fun color for summer, and will go well over many colors. I think over a pink or red would look particularly nice. Next time I am going to try it over Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Thinking of Blue, to get a classic denim with copper threading, color combination. I like to use one coat polishes under crackles. Because of the need to apply over a completely dry nail, this speeds up the process. All the above pictures are with a topcoat. China Glaze metallic crackles are available at Sally Beauty Supply at a retail price of $6.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment