Friday, June 24, 2011

China Glaze Cracked Metals: Tarnished Gold

Indoor Lighting

Dim Lighting

Flash (L-R over purple, navy blue, teal and Nfu Oh 52)

Indoor Lighting(L-R over purple, navy blue, teal and Nfu Oh 52)

Tarnished Gold over Nfu Oh 52 and a purple base

Tarnished Gold over Nfu Oh  52 and teal base

Tarnished gold over Nfu-Oh 52 over L-R(teal, navy blue, purple base) Indoor Lighting
China Glaze Tarnished Gold is a golden shimmery, metallic crackle polish. It is a mid-tone gold and it looks similar to OPI Blasted Gold. It is less champagne and more of a true gold than the Sephora version. In the top two swatches I used it over RBL Purple Haze which is a medium tone violet. Purple Haze is more purple than the lavender it appears in my pictures. My friend Jacque suggested I try flakies with crackle and the extra swatches are for her, lol. In the following swatches I used a teal blue on my index finger, navy blue on my middle finger, and a purple on my ring finger. The flakie polish peeks through as Jacque hoped, like burning embers. I found it interesting that in the purple swatch with flakiness sandwiched in between, the gold crackle turned rose gold, which will add a free extra color to your crackle arsenal. It reminds me of swatches I have seen of China Glaze Latticed Lilac. So have fun and pick a metal crackle up for summer. China Glaze Metallic crackles are available online and in store at Sally Beauty Supply at a retail price of $6.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment