Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Blood Splatter Manicure 1: Straw Method

Well the paper plate I used to catch fall out and make a few practice splatters turned out pretty gruesome. 



Flash
I couldn't wait to try a blood splatter manicure for the Halloween season. The first method I tried was the fun, but messy straw method. I thought using this technique over natural nails would make the look more gritty and gruesome, but a white base would offer more contrast. I will probably try to add more splatter the next time I do this manicure. Taping fingers is a must for this mani. Finding a realistic blood red polish shade was harder than I thought it would be. Many of the polishes that looked to be a good blood red shade in the bottle came off very pink on the nail. I used China Glaze Ravishing, Dahling for the blood in this manicure and it worked great. I dipped a drinking straw into the bottle and after a couple of test blows I was on my way. The blows through the straw should be short and strong. I waited about twenty minutes before applying Seche Vite top coat to avoid smearing.

Give this splatter manicure a try in any color(s) for a fun and different look.

2 comments:

  1. I've had thing pinned onto my board @ Pinterest and am finally ready to give it a try. Today I must first go purchase the China Glaze Ravishing Dahling. Thanks for the tutorial on how to do the Splatter method, really appreciate that.

    So I'm off to Sally's . Catch y'all later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice comment. I hope you had fun doing this mani.

    ReplyDelete