Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chunky Nail Polish : Halloween Glitters

Smile! Group Photo! : )
 A sky blue polish full of sky blue and silver glitter, with silver hexagonal glitter. The application was smooth. I used three thin coats for the swatches. The finish is gritty and a thick topcoat would help.

All of the polishes had this label, or this label underneath a label, that read Pumpkin Nail Enamel.

A black creme polish with silver glitter, and silver hexagonal glitter. The application was smooth an it was opaque in two coats. I used three coats in the above swatches. The finish was smoother than the above blue glitter polish. 

An orange and black bar glitter in a clear base. The bar glitter was fairly sparse. I used three coats to get enough bar glitter to my liking, over a white polish for contrast.

An iridescent hexagonal glitter, with silver moon glitters in a clear/gray base. Unfortunately, as with many cute chunky glitters, the moons and glitter are very hard to get to with the brush. I managed to get one moon per nail. Actually the effect is cute, and the finish is satin.

All of the brushes were surprisingly good, and made for easy application. There were bins full of all different colors of glitters, and glow in the dark polishes. I found these polishes at Meijer in the seasonal section for a retail price of $2.49 each.

2 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! The rectangular sparkles look so unique! ♥

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to get my claws on the light blue one! I have the moon one, need to swatch it now!

    ReplyDelete