Friday, September 2, 2011

Black and Yellow: Pure Ice Crackle in Catwalk over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blackout

Flash

Indoor Lighting
I know what you must be thinking, so you might as well play this while reading:

Pure Ice Crackle is another drugstore version of the crackle polishes we have all come to love or loathe. There is a wide range of colors and textures available in the Pure Ice range. I saw these at Walgreens, and the variety of colors different from those I already own, attracted me to try at least one. So I chose the yellow shimmer, called Catwalk. I had problems deciding between that and a murky green cream crackle.

Catwalk, a yellow shimmer crackle, applies smoothly and is similar in texture, finish and application to OPI Shatters. The shatter pattern appeared nicely and application was a much easier process than my previous drugstore crackle experience with Sally Hansen Crackle. This yellow shimmer dries matte. I added a topcoat in the above swatches. You might notice in the enlarged clickable version of the pictures, that there is an almost imperceptible rainbow shimmer hidden in the yellow that is so pretty. It gives this polish a little extra pizzazz. I used the crackle over Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Blackout. Blackout is also available at Walgreens, and is a fast drying, opaque black cream polish. I only needed one coat for full opaque coverage.

Pure Ice Crackle is a great choice for those who like crackle polish at a great price. It is available at Walgreens at a retail price of $3.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment